Herwig,

Thanks, I upgraded. The tip about the reader was very useful. So I can now
pass a string representation of my element tag like so and it works...

(zx/xml1-> zipper
           (zx/tag= (eval (read-string "::can/mqMessageHeader"))))

Now I have another problem. With the 0.1.0 version that used the
javax.xml.namespace.QName representation of the tag, I could use the
.getPrefix and .getLocalPart methods to generate my flattened
representation of the XML document that I am putting into a text table to
allow testers to easily set values int the documents as part of their
testing...

        | tag
                         | value |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/messageHeaderVersion" | "1" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/serviceName" | "getSubBasicInfoBt" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/serviceVersion" | "1" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/dialogTypeCode" | "2" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/dialogSubTypeCode" | "1" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/dialogReference" | "DSA-MSG" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/applicationGroup" | "99S" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/componentGroup" | "Subscription" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/componentName" |
"querySubscriberBasicInfoBt" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/reqSentDateTime" | "2016-12-19T01:54:09" |
| "::can/mqMessageHeader>::can/applicationUserId" | "DSAUSER" |
| "Data>Info>ptn"  | "4094335396" |
| "Data>AddressInfo" | "true" |
| "Data>DetailInfo" | "true" |

Now the tag is represented as a keyword :xmlns.http%3A%2F%
2Fintegration.sprint.com%2Fv2%2Fcommon%2FCanonicalDataModel.xsd/mqMessageHeader
which as you pointed out does not have the alias representation.

I think I am still missing something on how I can interact with the xmlns
namespace. I am aliasing the uri, but I don't know how to reverse that, and
I found that I still needed to alias the namespace with the new version.
Did I misunderstand how that was auto setup?

(xml/alias-uri 'v1 "
http://integration.sprint.com/integration/interfaces/getSubBasicInfoBt/v1";
               'can "
http://integration.sprint.com/v2/common/CanonicalDataModel.xsd";)