Hi Mike,
have you succeeded to run remote REPL without modifications?

It is a while I wrote the tutorial. However today I was able to run REPL to
debian running inside VirtualBox from Emacs or Cursive with help of piggieback.

I see potential issue in your code. :output-dir should be absolute and same on
both machines (dev and remote).

The reason for same absolute directory (and synchronization) is implementation
of JS environment in CLJS. CLJS compiler spits out .js files. JS Environment
(browser, node) requests these environment using http (browser) or by reading
local files (node). In case of local files REPL instructs js environment where
to get these files.

In case of remote js environment (nodejs is executed on remote machine) we
trick repl and node to think they run both on same machine and can "exchange"
files in shared directory.

I agree it is dirty hack:) The correct solution would be to make a way how
nodejs can request compiled files from repl (in similar way browser requests
files from web server running from repl). Unfortunately at this moment I do not
have time to shave this yak.

To help you to run REPL:

1) Check you have correct dir names for shared directory and they are absolute,
eg

:output-dir "/tmp/cljs-share-repl"

see wiki page. I made few correction of directory names today.

2) Check /tmp/cljs-share-repl synchronization works

- does cljs repl create compiled files inside /tmp/cljs-repl-share/out?
- are these files visible from remote machine?

2) If it does not work, please provide me some info about your configuration:

- which versions of CLJ, CLJS, Lein, piggieback, node?
- which OS you run on dev and remote machine?
- how do you synchronize /tmp/cljs-repl-share? sshfs, samba, nfs?

3) some debugging tips:

- check nodejs is running on remote machine and that it listens on some port
(netstat, lsof)
- try to snoop tcp/ip communication using wireshark

Crossing my fingers,
Dan