cloud-init really relies on networking in almost all cases; unless networking
config is disable, cloud-init is going to generate a network config for the
system and as I understand sysconfig, we will need to set NETWORKING=yes to
ensure that the OS networking service brings up networking.

However, instead of *rendering* a new file, cloudinit.net.sysconfig would
instead utilize whatever primitive class cc_sysconfig would use to read
existing content and then toggle the specified value.  This would avoid
networking from clobbering values it doesn't care about.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~t0rrant/cloud-init/+git/cloud-init/+merge/371948
Your team cloud-init Commiters is requested to review the proposed merge of