Actually, I should have tested it before sending that email. When I run python3
-m venv $HOME/www/python/venv I get the following error. What am I missing
here?

The virtual environment was not created successfully because ensurepip is
not
available.  On Debian/Ubuntu systems, you need to install the python3-venv
package using the following command.

    apt-get install python3-venv

You may need to use sudo with that command.  After installing the
python3-venv
package, recreate your virtual environment.