From: Itamar Syn-Hershko [mailto:ita...@code972.com]
Sent: Friday, December 24, 2010 6:22 AM
To: clucene-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [CLucene-dev] MultiSearcher problem

Hi Bill,

What kind of a sort object are you passing? if its your own brewed,
perhaps it is buggy?

Itamar.

On 10/12/2010 10:53 PM, Miller, Bill (QuickWire) wrote:

        Hi all, I've been implementing MultiSearcher and have a problem
that may be more of a 'Lucene Conceptual' thing than a bug.

        I'm running a fairly new 2_3_2 git under Windows (VS 2010).

        My problem is when I pass a sort to MultSearch::search() I
receive many duplicate hits (note that all doc id's are unique across
both indexes I'm testing with...).

        However, if I only ask for 100 hits max there are no duplicates.

        Also if I do not pass a sort then there are no duplicates.

        I find it rather hard to follow but I'm guessing that the 'good'
100 docs comes from the initial search and the duplicates are caused
from the Hits::getMoreDocs() eventually calling MultSearch::search()
again and for some reason adding the same hits each time.

        Should I be expecting this behavior?

        Thanks,

        Bill

------
        Oracle to DB2 Conversion Guide: Learn learn about native support
for PL/SQL,
        new data types, scalar functions, improved concurrency, built-in
packages,
        OCI, SQL*Plus, data movement tools, best practices and more.
        http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdev2dev