John's idea of using a backspace was a a good idea and I should have
thought of it.  Alas, it doesn''t actually work as Justin pointed out.

I got the UUID from /dev/disk/by-uuid and used that in /etc/fstab
as Justin proposed. Worked like a charm.

I also looked in /dev/disk/by-label and found:  HP\x20v255w
I assume that placing HP\x20v255w in the /etc/fstab instead of
the UUID would have also worked.

Thanks all and hope someone besides me learned something new.