On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 12:05 -0500, Ian Walberg wrote:
> We need to build and test clutter for a system with GLIBC 2.7 and we are
> using Fedora Core 8 for the build.

there is no such thing as "Fedora Core 8" - it's called Fedora. The
"core" has been removed since Fedora 7.

> When trying to build clutter-1.0.8 we have resolved most dependencies
> but still have these and are looking for some guidance as we cannot
> update the GLIBC version from 2.7.
>
> Requested 'pangocairo >= 1.20' but version of Pango Cairo is 1.18.4
> Requested 'gobject-2.0 >= 2.16' but version of GObject is 2.14.6
>
> So there are 2 questions :-
>
> 1. What version of GLIBC does clutter-1.0.8 need?

no version of glibc is required explicitly.

> 2. How do we fix the dependences above.

compile and install Pango and GLib in a separate prefix - e.g. /opt -
then direct pkg-config to that prefix using the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
environment variable when configuring Clutter; also use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- or update /etc/ld.conf - to let the linker know about /opt/lib. you
might also want to install Clutter under /opt, just in case.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, Open Source Software Engineer
Intel Open Source Technology Center