On 3/10/2011 3:09 PM, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:
Contrary to what I might have previously said ...(not sure if I did, but) ...

AFAICT if the cpp and fortran projects are all x64 configuration then
everything goes into x64/Debug or x64/Release.
(Mixing win32 and win64 causes trouble, but we don't care about that)

So, mixing win32 and win64 is not something we support.

I find it odd that by adding the fortran libs into the mix it changes existing C libraries. What if you do this:

1. create a c/C++ project with CMake  (no x64).
2. Load that project into the IDE
3. Add a fortran library

What happens?  Did it change the C/C++ locations or the fortran one?

So changing CMAKE_INTDIR to x64/etc ought to be allowed yes? If so, where does
it happen - or rather where can I do it?

JB

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Hoffman [mailto:bill.hoff...@kitware.com]
Sent: 10 March 2011 20:03
To: Biddiscombe, John A.
Cc: cmake-developers@cmake.org
Subject: Re: VS2010 fortran composer

On 3/10/2011 1:48 PM, Biddiscombe, John A. wrote:
It also has to match CMAKE_INTDIR, or tons of stuff will not work.

Can I change CMAKE_INTDIR from the generator since the fortran stuff uses its
own location (mostly)?

It has to be consistent with the C/C++ for mixed language projects.
What happens if you create a project in the IDE and have a C/C++
library, and a fortran library?  Does it put the libraries in different
directories?  Can you have an executable that links to both the C and
fortran, how does that work?

Are you doing this in a public git repo somewhere?

Not yet, but when I'm back from vacation, I'll setup on that you can access.

OK, sounds good, if you could investigate the above that would be good.

JB

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.