On 04/25/2011 12:06 PM, Manuel Klimek wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:59 AM, Brad King <brad.k...@kitware.com> wrote:
>> On 04/25/2011 11:54 AM, Manuel Klimek wrote:
>>> Is just putting IF(UNIX) ... around all the stuff enough for that?
>>
>> It's not just the test.  The C++ implementation cannot handle all
>> generators.  It should be taught to run only for generators where it
>> is known to work.  Perhaps it can check a value set by each platform
>> module.
>
> Ah, ok, I was thinking putting it around the exporting of the flag, so
> that you can only switch it on on supported platforms

That approach may work.  It is up to the platform modules to present
the option when it can be implemented.  If that is just a few conditions
around a single place then great.

> - as far as I
> can tell, the code still works on other platforms, the database is
> just not enough, right?

The main problem is that some of the generators write syntax that is
specific to the make tool (e.g. NMake, Borland) directly into the
command line.  That syntax confuses any tool that wants to read it
from the database.