Bill Hoffman wrote:

> CompileCommandOutput is failing with spaces in the path and ninja:
>
> http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=146442000&build=2285894
>
> Seems to be this commit:
> http://open.cdash.org/viewUpdate.php?buildid=2285734
>
> Any ideas what is wrong?

Oops, sorry I checked the dashboard, but I didn't see that failure last
week.

The problem is the space in one of the dirs in the source path. The Makefile
generator seems to quote it:

  "command": "/usr/lib/icecc/bin/c++    -I\"/home/stephen/dev/src/one
two/cmake/Tests/CompileCommandOutput/../../Source\"    -o
CMakeFiles/CompileCommandOutput.dir/compile_command_output.cxx.o -c
\"/home/stephen/dev/src/one
two/cmake/Tests/CompileCommandOutput/compile_command_output.cxx\"",

But the Ninja one doesn't:

  "command": "/usr/bin/c++    -I\"/home/stephen/dev/src/one
two/cmake/Tests/CompileCommandOutput/../../Source\"    -o
CMakeFiles/CompileCommandOutput.dir/compile_command_output.cxx.o -c
/home/stephen/dev/src/one
two/cmake/Tests/CompileCommandOutput/compile_command_output.cxx",

I looked through the code, and didn't see what needs to be changed or where
it gets quoted in the Makefile codepath. I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve.