On 6/8/2012 2:02 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

I just tried to run an experimental dashboard and it failed.

I think it was because my cmake build had a space in the path:

command = C:/Users/hoffman/Work/My
Builds/cmake-gmake/bin/cmcldeps.exe $in $out.d $out "Note: including
file: " C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1.0\VC\bin\cl.exe /nologo $FLAGS $DEFINES
/Fo$out /Fd$TARGET_PDB -c $in
description = Building C object $out

ninja gives this:

$ ../ninja/ninja
[1/437] Building C object
Utilities\KWIML\test\CMakeFiles\cmIML_test.dir\test.c.obj
ninja: FATAL: CreateProcess: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Dependency parsing is a bit hairy. It also breaks on '(', e.g. "Program
Files(x86)".
Could you have a look at the .d files?
Best place to debug this is a printf here:
https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/blob/master/src/graph.cc#L85

It is not getting that far.  It is not even running cmcldeps.  :)
The command= line is bad, so nothing builds, and we get no .d files.

I also found that CMAKE_CL_SHOWINCLUDE_PREFIX is not set for different
CMakeLists.txt. I assume Windows-cl.cmake is the wrong place for it.

How can I make CMAKE_CL_SHOWINCLUDE_PREFIX as visible as CMAKE_C_COMPILER?

I think it is going to have to go into CMakeCXXPlatform.cmake that gets configured just before the code you just added.

-Bill