Stephen Kelly <steveire@...> writes:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Perhaps that is a misreading on my part, but I was getting the
> > impression this change would make it so that imported targets can only
> > ever be SYSTEM.
>
> I didn't really make that clear as the discussion developed, but yes, I
> think it makes sense to allow treating the include directories as
> non-system somehow, even if not by default.

I've pushed the IMPORTED-target-SYSTEM-includes topic to my clone for review.

It introduces a policy-controlled default handling of
INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES from IMPORTED targets as SYSTEM. It also
introduces a default-initialized target property to get the opposite
behavior in the cases where that is wanted. It also introduces a SYSTEM
option to target_link_libraries because I'd already written the patch, but
I'm not certain that's needed anymore.

Thanks,

Steve.