Alexander Neundorf wrote:

I did run into the following annoyance, but it is rather another
topic. When I compile the CMake code in Eclipse using the cygwin
tools, then the resulting Eclipse project files are broken. This is
due to the fact that it creates the .project file with the cygwin
cmake (posix paths) and the Eclipse is installed in a Windows
environment un-aware of where /builds is...

So the easiest way to "solve" this problem would be to disable the Eclipse generator in cmake under Cygwin.
That is the only way to fix it. (And it is the reason that Visual studio is not included in the cygwin
build of cmake.)

-Bill