Filipe Sousa wrote:
For those who love lua and want a build system there is premake
http://industriousone.com/premake

And I know that there is another build system that uses lua but I can't
find the link.

premake3/4 is tiny and its syntax is *really* nice.

What's similar to cmake:
        - It creates Makefiles or IDE projects.

What's better than cmake (imho):
        - Language syntax.
        - You can easily add command-line flags like autotools.
        - Install options match autotools.
        - Tiny (only a couple of secs to compile it from source).
        - Written in C (more easily ported than cmake).
        - Makefiles generated are simple, readable and faster.
        - C code is very readable and easy to follow.
        - Uses relative paths.

What's worse:
        - No dependency checking on .h files at all (yuck).
        - Out-of-source builds is a property of the
          premake.lua script (yuck).
        - Verbose builds is a feature of premake, not the Makefile,
          meaning you need to regenerate the makefile each time to
          get verbose output (yuck).
        - No find_path or find_include
        - No cross-platform modules for better support.
        - Small language and compiler support.
        - No coloring of builds.
        - No testing framework.
        - No packaging framework.
          (what they call dopackage is really doinstall)
        - C code is a tad disorganized.
        - No listing of make targets (no make help).

I really like it much better than the scons derivatives, but the lack of proper dependency checking is a killer.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E