On Nov 16, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Belcourt, K. Noel wrote:

On Nov 16, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Brad King wrote:

On 11/16/2010 01:11 PM, K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
I've attached my project's top-level Makefile.  I'm trying to force
all the modules in the project to build first so I created a single
library called modules that contains all my Fortran 90 module files.
I'm invoking the Makefile explicitly passing the modules as the
target to build (so I can build a clean project in two steps: make
modules ; make)

The Fortran module dependencies implementation is hidden inside the
Makefile generators.  There is no API to access any of its timestamp
files or scanning rules.

What's interesting is that in a project that's fully update to date, running the make modules command gives this curious output:

S896822:tools kbelco$ make modules
[ 16%] Built target util
[ 19%] Built target tp
[ 25%] Built target spr
[ 35%] Built target rn2
[ 61%] Built target rn1
[ 61%] Built target mp
[100%] Built target modules

which is the same list of libraries in these SUBDIRS commands in the top-level CMakeLists.txt file (in reverse order). There's a single library in each of these subdirs of the same lower-cased name.

SUBDIRS(Modules)
SUBDIRS(MP)
SUBDIRS(Rn1)
SUBDIRS(RN2)
SUBDIRS(SPR)
SUBDIRS(TP)
SUBDIRS(Util)

So it looks like the subdirs command plays a role in this behavior.

-- Noel