There are a few things we have already started to do that should help with the bug tracker issue.

1. We hare having 4 releases of CMake each year. After each release we post to the list and ask people to "vote" for bugs they would like fixed in the next release.

2. We are now sending all new bugs to the cmake-developer list. This way any CMake developer can start working on them or at least know about them when the are opened.

I have a third idea that we have not yet tried:

What do people think of automatically closing bugs if they are not modified for some period of time (say 6 months). They can always be reopened if the closed. By closing them, it will notify those that have expressed interest in the bug. We could send the closed bugs to the cmake-developer list just like the new ones. That way all developers will know that they are being closed.

-Bill