One more thing I noticed - CMAKE_EXE_LINKER_FLAGS is normally not a
cache variable, and having both a cache and non-cache var of the same
name can have weird consequences. Maybe try just setting it without
CACHE STRING ...

If that doesn't help, can you generate a different buildsystem
(perhaps NMake) and see what the command line looks like there?
Perhaps a flag turning incremental linking on comes from a different
variable (there's a lot of cmake vars which make up the final command
line).

Petr