For reference I have opened a new issue:

Nils

On 04/25/2013 10:00 PM, Nils Gladitz wrote:
I was able to reproduce the problem with Ninja on Ubuntu and CMake 2.8.11-rc2.

I set up a test project for which I set CTEST_CUSTOM_ERROR_MATCH to "FooBar".

It has three custom commands with different outputs and exit codes:

    CustomCommand1: "this is a FooBar message" (exit success)
    CustomCommand2: "this is a fatal error" (exit failure)
    CustomCommand3: "this is a FooBar fatal error" (exit failure)

These are the results that I got (numbers in braces indicate which custom commands produce output visible on CDash):

    Ninja (Launchers enabled): 0 Build Errors
    Ninja (Launchers disabled): 4 Build Errors (1, 2, 3)

    Unix Makefiles (Launchers enabled): 2 Build Errors (2, 3)
    Unix Makefiles (Launchers disabled): 4 Build Errors (1, 2, 3)

For Unix Makefiles this seems to work better though not quite as I expected either. (I expected CustomCommand1 to trigger an error even though the exit code is 0 due to it having FooBar in the output).

But if this is by design it would be nice to have at least the commands with failed exit status show up with Ninja like they do with Makefiles.

Hope this helps to diagnose the problem.

Nils