Hi Andy,

My build supports several operating systems, including NaCl. The way I solved
this problem, essentially, is every place you would normally call
target_link_libraries, you replace it with a call to
LinkPossiblyPrebuiltLibraries, which is a macro I have defined like this:

macro (LinkPossiblyPrebuiltLibraries artifactName)
    foreach (nextLibrary ${ARGN})
        if (NACL AND (CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Visual Studio.*"))
            # CMake spits out -l<fully-qualified-path>, which throws off
clang++ and results in
            # libraries that can't be found. So instead we explicitly add
-l<libname> and
            # -L${LIBS_DIR}
            set_property (TARGET ${artifactName} APPEND_STRING PROPERTY
LINK_FLAGS " -l${nextLibrary}")
            get_target_property (IsImported ${artifactName} "IMPORTED")
        else ()
            target_link_libraries (${artifactName} ${nextLibrary})
        endif ()
    endforeach ()
endmacro ()

Then separately I add in the link directory:

if (CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Visual Studio.*")
    link_directories ("${LIBS_DIR}/$(Configuration)/${CpuArchSubdir}")
else ()
    link_directories ("${NACL_SDK_ROOT}/lib/pnacl/${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}")
endif ()

There may very well be some mistakes in there, because I’ve simplified some
things that aren’t pertinent to this discussion. I should also point out that I
gave up on the Visual Studio NaCl toolchain somewhere around the pepper_35
days, because it became apparent that Google wasn’t putting much effort into
keeping it a going concern when the equivalent Linux/MacOSX toolchains worked
just fine. I guess things have improved since then?

Parag Chandra
Technical Lead, Mobile Team
Mobile: +1.919.824.1410

Ionic Security Inc.
1170 Peachtree St. NE STE 400, Atlanta, GA 30309