From: CMake <cmake-boun...@cmake.org> on behalf of Homero Cardoso de Almeida
<homero...@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM
To: "cmake@cmake.org" <cmake@cmake.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL]: [CMake] FindProtobuf in specified dirs

Hello,

I'm working on enhancing the build process in my company by using CMake, and
I'm having trouble to have it find the Google Protocol Buffers binary and
libraries in a specific directory in my workspace.

Due to several reasons, we cannot install protobuffers directly in our
environment, so I have it download and unpack a zip file with the protobuffer
library and header files in a directory in my home folder. However, when I use
the find_package directive giving said folder as a hint it complains that it
could not find a protobuf-config.cmake file and fails. I couldn't find any such
file anywhere, the only thing coming close is a
"protobuf-config.cmake.in<http://protobuf-config.cmake.in>" in the protobuf
source tree and I don't know if I can use that.

Do I have to provide my own protobuf-config.cmake file, or I'm using it
completely wrong?

We are frozen in protocol buffers 2.4.1. I guess we can upgrade to 2.7.0, but
we can't use 3.0.x.

Thanks,
Homero.