It appears to be so -- the install directives execute in incident order, at
least from within a single CMakeLists.txt file.

The solution ended up being INSTALL(CODE "execute_process(COMMAND ...)").
Feels like a bit of a hack, but the install works on two different
platforms -- I'm satisfied for now.

Thanks again for the help!

CR