Your line 25 is incorrect, you left out the MAKE_DIRECTORY part and the
path you specified doesn't seem to be right. It should be something more
like:

file(MAKE_DIRECTORY ${SOURCE_DIR}/include)

You also seem to have missed one of my other emails. Replace this:

target_include_directories(portaudio INTERFACE
    ${portaudio_inc_dir}
)

with this:

set_property(TARGET portaudio APPEND PROPERTY
    INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES ${SOURCE_DIR}/include
)

If that doesn't work, still get rid of the target_include_directories()
call above and also replace this:

target_include_directories(record PUBLIC ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
${project_portaudio})

with this (as a last resort workaround):

target_include_directories(record PUBLIC ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR} ${
SOURCE_DIR}/include)

I'm going to have to leave it at that, gotta focus on other work now.
Hopefully the above gets you further along. Otherwise, I'll have to leave
it to others to continue to help you from here.

--
Craig Scott
Melbourne, Australia