Hi,

> Am 01.02.2019 um 17:17 schrieb frodak17 <froda...@gmail.com>:
>
> Be aware that CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_PLATFORM_VARIABLES only works with the
> try_compile() command source file signature. Unfortunately it doesn't work
> with try_compile() whole projects signature.  The section on Other Behavior
> Settings mostly only applies to the source file signature.

can you give me some details on the consequences? I’ve inserted following test
into my tool-chain file
(https://github.com/TorstenRobitzki/bluetoe/pull/39/commits/6067e808486c8421e6f3bf3a5dd9c14ab8aa6474):

        set(CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_PLATFORM_VARIABLES ARM_GCC_TOOL_PATH)

        if (NOT DEFINED ARM_GCC_TOOL_PATH)
            message(FATAL_ERROR "To configure the arm-none-eabi-gcc correctly,
please set ARM_GCC_TOOL_PATH to the path that contains the bin directory of
your GCC installation.")
        elseif(NOT EXISTS ${tools}/bin)
            message(FATAL_ERROR "To configure the arm-none-eabi-gcc correctly,
please set ARM_GCC_TOOL_PATH to the path that contains the bin directory of
your GCC installation.")
        endif()

Will this fail eventually?

kind regards,