Hi,

I'm building llvm project with CMake.
While build process is compiling the code I prefer running "make -j3" on my
4 core pc (bumping processor to 100% on 3 of 4 cores and using up ~5 GB of
ram - part of it is system and not build related).
While build process is linking I must run "make" with a single job because
otherwise I run out of memory (cores do little work but ram usage goes past
23 GB).

Currently I'm handling this so that I first run "make -j3" and once I get
to about 90% (first larger linking) I hit ctrl+c and run "make".

Is there a feature in CMake that would support handling this transition of
parallel builds, sequential linking out of the box?
(while I'm mostly interested in Linux/make support, having the same feature
for Windows/nmake/ninja through the same command line cmake command would
be even better)

Thanks,
Domen