I posted a couple of weeks ago about worrying if I was becoming
resistant to gleevec and some of you responded, I just want you to know
that I greatly appreciate all of you. This is a great group, I think
sometimes I would've lost my mind if I wasn't able to read other'
experiences, thinking I was the only one going through it.  I just went
to Mayo in MN yesterday and they bumped me to 800 mgs of gleevec and
will be re doing a FISH test in a few weeks.  They said they would know
then if it was going to work, and talked about the new drug coming out
and of course transplant.  I was diagnosed August 3, 2005 and had my
three siblings tested but no match.  I don't even want to think about
transplant.  They said because of  my age, I'll be 38 on the 21st of
June that they won't rule it out.  They said they were going to start a
preliminary search.  I just hope this dose works for me and I'm not
resistant.  Is there anyone out there that has been resistant once
again I feel like I'm the only one going through this, but I know I'm
not!  Thanks again for listening.

Sheila