Richard,
So sorry to hear of your hospitalization.  Hopefully the infection will soon
subside and you will be feeling better.  I fear the long term effects of these
powerful drugs, too.  But they have lengthened the lives of many people.
Praying that your doctors find the right treatment for you.
      God bless and keep you.
             Joyce in Southern Illinois