Hi Greenie,

First of all, you mention that you are worried. Why may i ask are you so
worried? When people worry about things that they have little or no control
over then it not only effects your mind but also your body. I know all
about this because that is exactly what i used to do and i learned to
direct my mind in more productive ways. Now just try to relax and get
yourself going in the right direction.

Now you mention about CRI so read this..

*CRI* (color rendering index) is a measure of how accurately a light source
illuminates objects' true colors. Our LED lights have *CRI* values of up to
98, indicating that our LED lights are able to produce white light that
approximates halogen or incandescent lighting and natural daylight.

It however has some effect on your kidneys because if they are having
problems than it is a very simple thing to just go to a Nephrologist and
see what is happening and why.

As you mentioned the normal Hemoglobin count for women should be from
around 13 to 17 however not necessarily for men because men don't have
their time of the month as woman do, so men require a bit less of
Hemoglobin.

Now a count of 10.7 shows that you are enemic and that can from a verity of
different things. One being the effects from your TKI being Gleevic which i
think may be the cause, now mind you I am not a doctor but someone that
does a lot of research into things that i have already been through.

Another thing would be kidney problems which i kind of doubt because your
doctors haven't mentioned it. Do you know what your

*Levels* of *creatinine* in the blood reflect both the amount of muscle a
person has and their amount of kidney function. Most men with normal kidney
function have approximately 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams/deciliters (mg/dL) of
*creatinine*. Most women with normal kidney function have between 0.5 to
1.1 mg/dL of *creatinine*..

My Creatinine level was 8.2 before i started on my dialysis and i had to go
onto dialysis which lasted for four years. Then i was able to get a kidney
transplant from a 20 year old deceased  man who was anonymous, and about
two weeks later it dropped down to 4.1 and kept dropping to where it is now
at .8 and it now stays there. Remember, i have only one kidney while  most
other people have two kidneys so i know that having only one kidney is
doing very well for me, and no more dialysis for me anymore.

What you did mention is that your counts are now at   "My white count is find
at 5.8).  Iron was 88 (50-212), Iron binding capacity was 281 (250 -
450)". Which
are quite acceptable and very good for you.

And speaking about your kidneys let me give you some information. When my
kidneys started to fail i noticed that my Hemoglobin also was dropping
especially after i began to receive dialysis. They were at 14 then would
gradually drop to being 9.9 and that was the magic bullet that triggered
that i would be able to start receiving Procrit or Epogin injections which
brought my Hemoglobin to usually 11 and it would take about a week. Then a
few weeks later another shot and so on. The reason why is that your kidneys
produce a *hormone that is sent to your bone marrow that stimulates Red
Blood cells into your bone marrow.
**Erythropoietin* (*EPO*) is a hormone produced by the kidney that promotes
the formation of red blood cells by the bone marrow. The kidney cells that
make *erythropoietin* are sensitive to low oxygen levels in the blood that
travels through the kidney.

This is what happened to me so i know what i am talking about. Ever since i
received my kidney transplant about two and a half years ago my Hemoglobin
has gotten to be around 14

Now i am not saying that you have any problems with your kidneys but i am
puzzled why did your doctor mention about CRI?  As I mentioned why not go
to see a Nephrologist . Couldn't hurt.

Another suggestion that you have already mentioned, and because you have a
smart doctor looking after you why spend over $600 to fly to Chicago when
you have loads of very fine doctors in Florida especially in your area?

Now I have given you a lot of useful information and hopefully it will help
you and do you know why? It's because i was there and had to go through all
of this and i learned what i had to do, and besides your worth it! Yes you
are. Just as was my friend Lottie. She did a lot of research as well in her
time which i never forgot... In fact so did Zavie,

Now finally, since AOL is going out then you already did the right thing by
switching over to another (FREE, I love that four letter F letter word)
internet provider. You also may want to get another F word like gmail just
in case as a backup.

Please, please Greenie try to stop worrying, just take it one day at a
time. You know it will all work out.

18's,

Marty