From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jake
Brodersen
Sent: February 5, 2014 8:49 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List 35-3 Ice Box Insulation

I know several of you are curious about adding insulation to the ice box.
On my 35-3 I added rigid foam insulation (with a metallic coating on one
side) to the inside top of the ice box.  It is glued in place and has worked
well to eliminate the sweating on the counter that I had previously
experienced after converting to refrigeration.

This weekend I took some pictures of the available space around the sides of
the icebox that are available for additional insulation.  I have a small
circular access plate under my stove that allows me to access the ice box
drain.  I noted that the right side (forward end) of the ice box has several
inches of air space where you could add insulation.  Although with such a
small access hole, it would have to be flexible (like foam sheets) or cut
into long, narrow strips for installation.  There is also some room between
the ice box and hull, but it is nearly inaccessible. The propane hose runs
behind the ice box too.  I wouldn't want to trap that in place, in case I
ever have to change it, but there does appear to be a fairly large air space
behind the ice box, between it and the hull.

I took a couple of pictures of the space, if anyone would like to email me
offline:  captain_j...@cox.net

I also have shots of the condenser and evaporator installations.  I need to
set-up a dropbox account again, I guess.  In the meantime, email works fine.

Cheers,

Jake

Jake Brodersen

"Midnight Mistress"