Tim
Thanks for this advice. I think mine is a standard rug like yours I have
sheaves for two spin halyards but only have one halyard. Perhaps I should re
purpose one of the jib halyards which never gets used!  I am reasonably
familiar with the Mexican on a j109 (asym and sprit of course) but not sure I
can envision it with a pole and symetrical

With the j109 we unfurl the jib as we approach the mark and sheet it in tight
on the starboard side (still approaching on a starboard tack (spin on the port
side)

As we gybe we harden up on the spin sheet and as we pass stern through the wind
the main gybes and the spinnaker collapses into the tight ( port side ) of the
job. Release the halyard, tack and sheet to douse spinnaker straight down hatch

So my confusion is. with the sym spinnaker how to unfurl the jib on the
starboard side with the pole in the way?

Apologies to all for my ignorance!

--
Jonathan
Indigo C&C 35III