Hi, I bought mine on ebay last year. I paid 85-90 bucks shipped. It's a genuine Hitachi 55 or 60 amps fully insulated with the exact same connections / look / mounting as the original Yanmar (I think they are made by Hitachi). I took the opportunity to throw in a new belt as well. It was a plug and play 30 minutes install.

I believe the same guy is still selling them he's asking 120.00 shipped now. Just search Yanmar 3gm30 alternator on ebay.

It works perfectly. No issues for me.

I was considering replacing my old fashion wet lead acid batteries for AGM I got talked off the ledge. I was told they are particular with charging and not tolerant of deep discharges as well. Since mine were still good I figured I'd spend my $$ elsewhere...

-Francois
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia

Sent from IBM Notes Traveler