Bill,

Couple thoughts:
If you are getting a max of 3000 rpm you already have too much pitch.  I
would not go up; I might go down one click.
You should cruise at 80% of max rpm or 2500-2600 rpm.

I have a 35/3 with a max-prop set to 14 degrees, but my reduction gear is
2.6:1  I get to 3500 rpm with a rating of 3600 rpm.

Joel

Joel
301 541 8551