From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Crombie via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:41 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Companionway hood

A couple of the screws are loose on my companionway hood, so I am planning
on removing it and giving it a good cleaning (and cleaning the gunk
underneath it).

What type of sealant should i put into the screwholes when I put it back on?
4200? Silicon?  Any advice would be appreciated.

There seemed to be quite the debate a few years ago about whether to seal
the entire underside or not.  Mine only appears to have sealant around the
screws and i don't have any leaks (at least not around the companionway!) ,
so I'll probably stick with that method.

Thanks,

Mike
Atacama C&C 33 Mk II
Toronto