There are some boat yards which trade tanks, you give the old, they give the
new - for a fee. Ours does just that.

Gary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rick Brass via CnC-List
  To: Richard N. Bush ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 12:02 AM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List CNG for stove

  Converting your stove from CNG to propane is simply a matter of changing the
orfices in the burners. My new Frigidaire gas stove (in the home) actually came
with a set of each. The CNG jets were factory installed and the LPG  in a
package attached to the installation instructions. The delivery people
installed the LPG jets when they installed the stove. Talk to an appliance
vendor.

  I don't think I've ever heard of a CNG stove in an RV, so the lack of
information is not surprising.

  Your tank and regulator should have manufacturer labels on them. See if the
manufacturer can identify the local installer for you.

  The CNG system is another matter. CNG is methane gas and lighter than air so
no need for a vented locker, sensors, etc. The tank is at much higher pressures
in order to store a useful amount of gas (systems on forklift trucks can be up
to 3000 psi) and you still store a lot less fuel than in a similar size LPG
tank. There is probably an expensive two stage regulator to bring the gas
pressure down to 2-3psi. And it is hard to find anyone to fill your tank. You
might ask your municipal gas company or the local bus company if they can
either fill the tank or identify someone who can.

  The benefits to CNG are that it is safer than LPG, it burns hotter so cooks
faster, and it is ridiculously inexpensive (which is why most new buses run on
it).

  Rick Brass

  Sent from my iPad

  On Sep 11, 2014, at 15:59, "Richard N. Bush via CnC-List"