When one of my crew lost the cover overboard, I bought a new hawse pipe made of
polished stainless steel on EBay for about $29US. The cap on this one is on a
hinge and spring loaded so it stays in place (open the cap and slide it on the
hinge and it props open for letting out or recovering chain).

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad