The first year I had my 30mkI, I had to deliver from Duluth, MN to Bayfield, WI
in time for charter season; we moved the boat the day after a big storm on Lake
Superior, in the first half of May.  The storm had spawned these huge rollers,
about eight feet high, coming from the WSW and paralleling both the south shore
of Lake Superior and our intended course; winds were on the starboard beam,
coming out of the south.  We hit speeds in the mid-ten knot range routinely
surfing down these things.  It was quite a wild ride!

Fred Street -- Minneapolis