I have a Vari Profile adjustable pitch feathering propeller. I am definitely in
need of an adjustment in the forward position as I am only able to motor at
about 5 knots on flat waters at about 2300 rpm. In one particularly strong blow
I was unable to make any headway into the wind and waves. I had to bear off to
gain some momentum and wiggle up to gain way. My  theoretical hull speed is 6.5
knots.

It would make sense to me to adjust the pitch to give me more speed and see how
it performs this year. Is this the right approach or does anybody have better
advice?

Thanks,

Ron Ander

E.Y.C.