Hans:

Lots of great advice here from other listers, but I wonder if it would be
helpful to describe what your sailing style is.  Do you i9ntend to mainly
cruise, where would you sail, what winds are you likely to experience, etc.

If you are a racer, then certain lines are necessary, but if you are mainly
a cruiser and might be shorthanded, then other accommodations are
appropriate.

Will you be out on long?? Off shore cruises?  Will you be mainly in coastal
waters off the coast????  What is the wind like in your area,
generally........

Your boat will do all of these things, and do it well and reliably, but you
need to decide on your own requirements first.

Why did you buy the 32?

If you are a novice as you mentioned, it might be better to take off most of
the non essential lines now and you can always add them later.  You won't
need extra spinnaker halyards if you don't have a spinnaker and don't intend
to use it this year. But they will certainly get in the way while you learn
about the boat.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Good luck and welcome to the best discussion group anywhere.

Ron Casciato
Impromptu
C&C 38MKIIC....'77