I believe most of the stoppers installed in that vintage were Easy Locks. They
are OK. Years of sunshine have likely weakened the levers. That mixed with the
irritating operational requirement of never stopping a static line (I has to be
moving through the stopper as its closing or it jams so hard you sometimes
break the aging levers while trying to open it) I would seriously recommend
changing out to newer technology.
It's been on my to do list for 5 years. 3 broken levers later i'm running out
of spares so I better do this soon.

Brent Driedger
27-5
Lake Winnipeg.