Joe,

The general rule of thumb with anchors is one pound per foot (length of
yacht).

However, that's just a guide.  If your boat is heavier than average boats
of 38 feet, take the next size up.  Shouldn't be, in your case.  The same
rule (get the next size up) applies if you have a lot of windage (no, not
from beans - from the likes of a large spray dodger or a closed in bimini)
or if you are likely to be in heavy wind conditions while at anchor.

Having said all that, keep in mind that the anchor is not the only factor.
The length and type of rode and the depth of water are big factors.  Within
reason, the more chain rode the better.

My usual approach is take a size larger and as much chain as my boat can
handle.  My last boat (a 43 footer) carried 250' of 3/8" galvanised chain
with a 54lb CQR as the primary anchor.  Never dragged the hook in any
conditions and we never used the secondary anchor.

Hope that helps.  Factors relating to your particular weather and sea
conditions are better answered by someone geographically closer than me.
And there should be plenty of them.

Best of luck,
David