I used a 35-lb CQR on my LF38 for many years on the Chesapeake Bay with only 10
feet of chain.  It was fine except in real bad blows.  I have since changed to
a 45-lb Bruce and will be adding a 45-lb Rocna as I prepare for long-distance
cruising in sand bottoms--both anchors with 35 feet of chain and 5/8-inch
diameter rodes.

Bob

Bob Boyer
S/V Rainy Days / Annapolis MD
1983 C&C Landfall 38 - Hull #230
email: dainyr...@icloud.com
blog: dainyrays.blogspot.com

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply
messing about in boats."  --Kenneth Grahame