My 40 and the 41 I'm delivering south from St John, NB at the moment both have
grease fitting on the tube. These are packed with grease and you give them a
turn every now and then to lube the tube. Mine hadn't been done for quite some
time so it needed to be repacked twice before I was confident there was enough
grease in there. That eliminated the squeak for me.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

Andrew Burton