Wasn't the Niagara series actually a Hinterhoeller after he left C&C yachts in
'76?  Likely sold through C&C dealers but not strictly a C&C.
As for the Competition, it was a standard 24' with some go faster deck hardware
like genoa tracks/cars IIRC, no differences in the hull, probably didn't come
with cushions below or something :-)
Cheers,
Paul.