new sheets can be very slippery...I got a feeling the slippage may have
more to do with the new sheets than the winch...not sure how you could
"age" the line quickly but I know some new lines don't grip as well as
other on the winch...maybe use another wrap on the winch when you start to
use the handle

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, *Alianna*
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS