Reluctantly I’ve yielded to the logic and will be adding both a knot meter and
dedicated radar/chart plotter.

Fred - The Nobeltec radar product was interesting but I couldn’t get past the
dedicated wifi network (or two wifi networks)
Kudos to whoever first mentioned the need for the knot meter for wind
apparent/true
Weather-proofing was a concern.

In the end I could handle any one of the three issues but combined they pushed
me back to a traditional installation.  Ray Marine all around (save for my
existing B&G autopilot).  Thinking the Ray A9 plotter.

Thanks for all the help.  You just need to vet ideas somewhere.

John