Kenyon and Selden sell premade sail track gates. In theory all you need to do
is drill and tap a couple of holes in the mast. But the curvature of the C&C
mast may not be exactly the same as the curvature of the premade  gate – on my
25 I had to modify the curvature slightly to make the system I bought from
Kenyon work.

In the alternative, have your sailmaker add a dogbone through the reef tack
cringles. It is a thick strap through the cringle of the appropriate length to
reach the reef horn, with a substantial stainless ring on each end that is
hooked on the reef horn. You can also make one yourself out of line and a
couple of large stainless rings.

You can’t reef while hove to. Heaving too depends on forward thrust from the
main to make the rudder turn the boat to windward and offset the leeward thrust
of the back-winded headsail. Remove that thrust and the boat just spins to
leeward.

You need to ease the vang to let the boom rise so you can get the clew tight
when you reef. Then reset the vang after you have the clew and the halyard
tight to get the sail flattened.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC