So what I have available fur older devices is.  An old android Samsung galaxy 3
phone and a waterproof case, an old android viewsonic G-tab tablet, no
protective case and a not to old dell venue pro tablet with windows 10, this
has a rugged case but not water proof, water resistant and it charges through a
mini USB.  It has the detachable keyboard.

I see the garmin 78 for $169. Not sure if that has charts.  That might be the
quick fix for getting home and a good backup item.  I think ultimately I might
go fur the raynarine e7 radar combo as the prices are dropping and the wind
speed and depth instruments are new Raymarine i60 units.

I would love to recommission the android tablet for use on board as an
experiment.  On Sep 8, 2015 11:05 PM, Marek Dziedzic via CnC-List