OK, so I downloaded MX mariner for $15, the maps are free after that, and
navionics for $10, maps seemed to come with the install,  last night onto the
Samsung galaxy 3.  So far, they both look great.  I believe I can get these
onto the G Tab for no extra cost now.  So, I think I'm going to try that next.