I heard of a boat named “Ruthless” as the owner’s wife, Ruth, would not set
foot on the boat.

A friend of mine owned a Yamaha 36 named “Made in Japan”.

Another friend owned a J-24 named “Jail Bait”.  My wife and I towed that J-24
across the country to participate in the 1989 J-24 Worlds in Kingston.  A lot
of truck drivers took a close look at my wife as they passed, especially in So
Dakota.

I took part in a 1985 Transpac charter of a Barnett 52 named “Climax”.
“Climax” was owned by two lady part doctors.

I sailed several Sauza Cups (Lahaina YC, Maui) on a Choate 40 named “Phoenix”
as the owner’s previous boat burned to the waterline after his spouse
over-primed the alcohol stove and the fire got out of control.

I named the Ericson 30+ I owned in the 80’s “Helen Highwater”.  My
father-in-law saw that on a painting of a WW2 bomber with a provocatively
dressed Helen added for emphasis.

Martin DeYoung
Calypso
1971 C&C 43