Our gooseneck assembly was a little worn down where the boom fitting rode
on the mast base, I put 3 nylon washers in between the boom and the mast
fittings and that shut that noise down. I'm still tracking the squeak off
the mainsheet and the weird noise the topping lift makes. McLube helps
everywhere.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III