> Answers for Patrick:
>
> > 3)
> Is the exhaust hose looped up?  Yes but not enough.  Usually there is a
> flapper valve on the exhaust but the reverse transom angle and the angled
> cut of the exhaust make commercial ones unusable.
>
> 4) Does your fuel tank vent line not have a check valve in it?  (1-way
> valve to allow air egress but prevent water ingress)  Or was the check
> valve not working?

No check valve and in any case, a check valve allows flow of air or water
in only one direction.  If it were put in correctly the fuel couldn't get
out but displacement air and water could.

> 9) What do you mean by "wire" a turnbuckle?  Did your turnbuckles not have
> cotter pins in them on the upper stays?  (Is running without pins actually
> something people do??)

Heck yeah, who uses cotter pins?  I use stainless steel wire through the
hole in both screws and through the body of the turnbuckle..  Cheap and
easy.